Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bugs, Scissors and Clorox..oh my!

So this weekend's soundtrack would be joyful, rambunctious and of course, messy. I drove a carload of happy, energetic tweenagers to swim team...so my first song in the soundtrack is dedicated to them. They had me play it at least 6 times on our long drive to Creek High School. They laughed, teased each other and in general, had a great time and made me feel young again.

Then, I woke up at o'dark 30 on Saturday morning to get everyone into their Irish dance wigs, dresses, tiaras, shoes...oh wait. The youngest is missing her gillies. Super. How do you dance without your dance shoes, in your first Feis? With an awesome dance teacher that happens to have exactly the size you need, of course! Then, as an added bonus to my already insane morning...one of the kiddos comes to me complaining of her head itching and hurting. My first thought is, sorry, get dressed we have to go! Then I look. NIGHTMARE. Lice. Not a bad case, for of course in college during nursing clinicals, I had the joy of seeing the real deal. This was not one of those cases. BUT. IT. WAS. MY. KID's HEAD!

I like to think that I have an extremely clean house...my mom is an infection control nurse for God's sake. My friends who know me best know that I am slighlty compulsive with Clorox and Purell. So my soundtrack is now fluctuating between exhaustion and insanity. As I am trying to get three kids out the door to a Feis. So, said child will have to stay home and dad will have to deal. Thank heaven for dad! I leave, already 30 minutes late.

The Feis turned out amazing, thanks to wonderful friends who met me at the DOOR to help me get my kids finished dressing while I checked in for registration. We even had great friends come watch the girls dance and got me a cup of coffee. You all know who you are and I love you!

The rest of the weekend is me in rubber gloves, running...again...between applying Nix shampoo to all three daughter's heads (just to be safe) and the laundry room....had to throw out pillows, wash everything in site and scrub, scrub, scrub. AUGH! Sunday arrives, as husband is getting ready to leave for a week out of town, and I can't even comb through said daughter's hair. No salon will cut her hair, of course, so thank GOD for YouTube! I set up a salon chair, don the scissors and spray bottle and start cutting. 6 inches of dark brown hair all over my bathroom floor and viola! She loves her cute haircut and everyone is happy. For now.

My weekend's soundtrack fluctuated between drama and straight out pandamonium. Maybe this means my week will be slow. Right. :)

This Weekend's Playlist:

RadioActive - Imagine Dragons
The Antidote - St. Vincent
Done All Wrong - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Friends - Band of Skulls
Let it Go - Blue October

No comments:

Post a Comment